Deceased Estates

Deceased Estates in Queensland

If you have been given the responsibility of being an executor for a will, it may be necessary for you to apply for a grant of probate so you can administer the estate.

Obtaining a grant of probate involves applying to the Court to confirm the validity of the will and to confirm your authority to act.

In Queensland, the policy of the law is to allow deceased estates, where possible, to be administered without a grant of probate.

Contact us today if you are uncertain if the estate you are involved with requires a grant of probate.

Usually couples are executors and trustees of each other’s estates, with their children as backup. If children are too young or not a good choice, a third party ought to be selected. Our team is happy to advise you on the selection of a third party to be executor of your estate if required.

For over 60 years Finemore Walters & Story have provided caring, hands on advice to thousands of the region’s families, individuals, and institutions. Trust tradition – speak with us about planning your estate in the event of your passing.

Contact Us or call us today at (07) 4153 0000!